Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS) is a condition of the central nervous system that can cause several painful symptoms such as swelling, severe pain, inflammation, and sensitivity to touch. CRPS starts in an isolated area of the body and may spread.
When CRPS spreads, it becomes known as Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD). There are two types of RSD, differentiated by the ability to manage the severe pain. Type two is more difficult to manage. Both variations can cause nerve lesions and nerve damage.
CRPS is an intensely painful condition. It is recognized by the Social Security Administration (SSA) as RSD and its accompanying symptoms. The SSA does not differentiate between type one and type two RSD. Instead, it assesses whether the condition is so severe that it prevents the person from holding competitive employment on a reliable basis and impacts the events of daily living.
Diagnosing RSD can be challenging as there is no definitive medical test. Applicants for SSDI benefits suffering from RSD must provide a comprehensive medical history of reporting their pain and other symptoms.
If you believe that you have CRPS or RSD and your symptoms prevent you from working reliably, Viner Disability Law is here to help. Our approach includes:
- Comprehensive Case Evaluation: We start by thoroughly understanding your unique situation, medical history, and how your condition impacts your daily life and ability to work.
- Guidance on Medical Documentation: Since RSD requires detailed medical history for SSDI benefits, we guide you on how to effectively compile and present your medical records and symptom history.
- Legal Representation: Our experienced team will represent your case, handling all legal aspects to ensure that your application for SSDI benefits is as strong and persuasive as possible.
- Continuous Support and Communication: We keep you informed throughout the process and are always available to answer your questions and provide support.
- Advocacy for Your Rights: We understand the complexities of CRPS/RSD and how they are viewed by the SSA. We advocate vigorously on your behalf to help you secure the benefits you deserve.
Contact Viner Disability Law to explore your options and learn more about how we can assist you in navigating the challenges of living with CRPS or RSD.